To keep our staff and learners safe, your course content may be completely online or a mixture of classroom and online learning.
We are enrolling now for the following courses:
- Improve Your Writing Skills: Tuesday 10 November, 12.30 – 2.30pm for 5 weeks
- Improve Your Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar: Thursday 12 November, 12.30 – 2.30pm for 5 weeks
- Improve Your Spelling: Monday 9 November, 7.00 – 9.00pm for 5 weeks
- Creative Writing – Finding your Voice: 14 & 28 November from 10.00 – 12.00 & 12.30 – 2.30pm.
- Prepare to Study Maths: Monday 16 & Wednesday 18 November, 12.30pm – 2.30pm for 4 weeks
- Prepare to Study English: Tuesday 17 & Thursday 19 November, 10.00am – 12.00pm for 4 weeks
For more information on any of the above courses please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· English GCSE (Intensive): Monday and Wednesday 7.00 – 9.00pm starting 4 January for 18 weeks.
· Maths GCSE (Intensive): Saturday 9 January 9.30 – 11.30am & 12.00 – 1.30pm for 18 weeks
CALAT offers FREE* English & Maths, from absolute beginners up to GCSE Courses.
- Courses for beginners up to pre-GCSE level which you can join throughout the year
- Short ‘fast track’ Level 2 courses (Starting January 2021) for access to university
- Intensive GCSE English and maths starting in January 2021 for 18 weeks
- Flexible online English and maths programmes for learners from Entry 3 to Level 2
- Courses leading to nationally recognised Functional Skills or GCSE qualifications
- Short English and maths courses including creative writing
- Courses at times to suit you – day, evening and weekends.
If you are a new learner enquiring about joining an English &/or maths course, please email the English and maths department Calatenglishemail@example.com to book an ONLINE assessment.
*Free Fast Track GCSE English and maths
Are you looking for a challenge? Well the fast track GCSE English and maths course may be just what you are looking for. These courses will start in January 2021 and run for 18 weeks.
For details on our Fast Track GCSE courses follow the links below:
Before you enrol, you will need to register online before you can attend one of the information-and-assessment sessions to assess your current skills. Please note these sessions will take place via Zoom and will last up to three hours.
To book a place to attend an assessment session click here. Bookings will be open from 2 November.
You must be aged 19 or over as of 31 August 2001 to attend a GCSE course. *The courses are free, except to those who are not eligible for funding and/or have to pay the overseas fee.
If English is not your first language and you want to improve your language skills, please click here to go to the ESOL page.
ENGLISH AND MATHS VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Help us to make a difference to people’s lives
If you have between 2 and 4 hours a week to spare and would like to work in a rewarding role as a volunteer helping adults improve their English* reading and writing skills or maths skills? Then we would love to hear from you.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please contact the ESOL department if you are interested in volunteering in an ESOL class (English for Speakers of Other Languages).
You can use the learning resources below as revision tools or, if you haven’t done any maths for a while, to give you an idea of some of the topics that will be covered on a maths course.
These are the topics you will learn on a level 1 or 2 functional skills maths course and are important building blocks for those thinking of doing a GCSE course.