CALAT Family Learning leads the way in working with parents and carers through our Skills for Life programmes which are part of a government strategy created to improve the literacy, language and numeracy skills of all adults in the UK.
Our courses are run in partnership with schools, libraries, children’s centres and family and community centres. Taught by specialist tutors they are free for eligible parents and their families with many courses offering the chance to work towards an exam.
Family Learning (Short Courses)
CALAT Family Learning also offers a popular and successful programme of short family courses, ranging from one-off workshops to a few weeks, where mums, dads, grandparents and carers can enjoy learning together with their child in a safe and fun environment:
- Small Steps into Health – fun activities to improve family health.
- Small Steps into Work – helping parents to think about preparing to get a job in the future or return after a break from work.
- Once upon a Rhyme – sharing songs, rhymes, crafts and having fun with your child.
- Introduction to Pilates and mindful movement classes – improve physical health and wellbeing.
- Making Maths Games – having fun with your child, exploring numbers and shapes.
We also run a range of tailored family workshops across all our centres. For more information, please ask at your child’s school or local children’s centre, visit: www.calat.ac.uk or email: Familylearning2@croydon.gov.uk