If you are claiming a reduction you will need to be 19 yrs as at 31.8.19 and If you enrol in person you will be required to sign a self-declaration and show your benefit (which must be current) confirming you meet one of the following criteria and if it is a qualification course you will need to declare that you are taking the course because it will give you skills needed to look for work.
If you enrol online random checks will be made by CALAT staff asking for evidence of your benefit. Benefit evidence is required at assessment appointments.
• Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
• Employment and Support Allowance – – Work Related Activity Group (ESA WRAG)
• Universal Credit work related (which includes Income Support, Housing benefit Council tax support) and whose earned income from employment (disregarding benefits) is less than £338 a month or £541 a month (joint)
• Pensions Credit – NOT Savings Credit only you need to be actively seeking work for qualification courses
• 19-23 year old enrolling on first Full Level 2 or 3 entitlement qualification
• Studying GSCE English or maths, if you do not have a grade A*-C or grade 4 or higher or adult basic skills (English & maths)
• If you live in a LONDON borough and are employed and earn less than £19,890 annual gross salary. We will need to see a wage slip within 3 months of learning state date or current employment contract which states gross
• If you live outside a London borough the annual gross salary is £16,009.50