CALAT Refunds and Transfer Policy
(Policy valid from 01 March 2018)
CALAT reserves the right to amalgamate, change the location, tutor, date or duration of a course, or cancel a course if enrolments are too few or in other exceptional circumstances.
We will try to find you a suitable alternative or refund the full cost.
Cooling off period cancellations
- If you change your mind about your course enrolment and want to cancel it, you must complete the attached refund application form and send it to CALAT by post or email within a fourteen day cooling-off period. The fourteen day cooling off period commences from the day you enrolled on your CALAT course or the date on your receipt for payment, whichever is later.
- During the fourteen days, you have the right to cancel your course and obtain a full refund of the fee you paid, provided your course has not started. However if your course starts during the fourteen day cooling off period, we will deduct the cost of any classes that have taken place before we received your request to cancel and you will receive a partial refund of the fee you paid.
- Once the cooling off period has expired there is no obligation on CALAT to make any refund unless this is due to service failure.
Request for refunds relating to a learner’s medical condition
- Refunds for leaving a course due to a learner’s own medical condition will only be given on proof of a doctor’s certificate or letter confirming the condition. If a refund is agreed, you will receive a partial refund of the fees you paid depending upon the number of classes remaining on the course. The refund will be calculated from the date your doctor confirms your medical condition.
- There will be a £20 administration charge for each refund. Any costs already incurred by CALAT for exam entry are non-refundable.
- You must complete the attached refund application form and send it to CALAT within three months from your last date of attending the course.
- If you wish to transfer your enrolment to a different CALAT course, you can only do this before your course starts and you will need to contact a CALAT centre to arrange this. If you ask to transfer to a course that is cheaper you will not be refunded the difference in the fees.
- After the course has started, you may still be able to transfer to another CALAT course that is more suited to your learning needs if CALAT curriculum staff advise and support the transfer.
- If you transfer to a more expensive course, you will be required to pay any additional fees relating to your new course.
- Payment for a CALAT course cannot be transferred to another person. If you are unable to attend the course and are not due a refund, the course fee you paid cannot be transferred to somebody else.
CALAT cancellation of courses
If CALAT cancels your course(s) and we are unable to provide a suitable alternative, you will be entitled to a full refund of the fees regardless of any sessions delivered. This will be arranged by the CALAT centre where the course was due to take place.
CALAT occasionally has to reschedule a class due to unforeseen circumstances. Arrangements for a replacement class will be made to suit the majority of the class members and the availability of suitable accommodation. If the rearranged class is not convenient for you to attend, you will be entitled to a refund in CALAT vouchers to the value of the session/s missed. To request this, you must write to or email CALAT within 3 months of the rescheduled class.
Refunds will be processed back to the payment card that you used to enrol or will be in the form of a cheque issued by Croydon Council. Learners should contact the CALAT Finance department (email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8667 8214) if payment has not been received within 10 working days of the agreed refund.
Should you have any queries regarding the refunds policy, these should be addressed to the CALAT Strategic Service Manager, CALAT Central Croydon Centre, Croydon Clocktower, Katharine Street, Croydon CR9 1ET or email email@example.com
If you wish to contact CALAT about anything else please refer to:
the Contact Us form on our website: http://www.calat.ac.uk/contact-us or: Croydon Councils’ complaints procedure on:https://www.croydon.gov.uk/democracy/feedback/complaints-procedure/policy
CALAT reserves the right of refusal to refund any learner who has a current debt with CALAT or Croydon Council.
If you are not entitled to a refund under this policy and have agreed to pay your fees with a monthly standing order arrangement, you must make all your payments as agreed with you when you enrolled, even if you leave your course.
Any refund agreed will be reimbursed back to the payment card used to enrol or will be in the form of a cheque issued by Croydon Council.
A £20.00 admin fee will be charged for refunds given on medical grounds.