We’re looking for volunteers to join our our team at CroydonPlus. We’re changing fast and volunteering can be a great way to get opportunity to get experience of working in a busy office, developing career opportunities and new skills as you work with an enthusiastic team.
We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic, customer and service focused individuals who can share our belief in the Credit Union and provide our members with a quality service.
We have a range of opportunities from customers services, through to finance and IT. As an ethical and community-focused organisation, volunteering is a great way of contributing to your community and very rewarding.
Volunteering can provide opportunities to develop your skills across a wide range of areas from customer services, finance, marketing, website content and process management.
Ideally we’d like volunteers to be able to commit for a few months with a minimum of four hours a day on at least two days a week. But we can be flexible on this.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Croydon Plus Champions
We are particularly interested in people who are able to take on any of the following roles on a voluntary basis:
Product development / Key projects.
· Through member engagement, get opinions from the current and potential members on existing products, their recommendation on improvement.
· Help to build exclusive employer partnerships.
· Identify products to encourage Young members to save.
· Encourage members, who could undertake outreach work in the community.
· Work with community and voluntary organisations, charities, schools, businesses to increase awareness of credit unions.
· Conduct engagement survey to get feedback on what works best for members and what they would like to see in the future.
· Organise/attend local events to promote Credit Union.
Marketing and Communications
· Website maintenance.
· Social media.
· Leaflets design.
· Online communication.
· Help to create a monthly online newsletter to our members.
A Volunteer StoryMy name is Masoud Rahimi. I am a student at Croydon College, currently studying BTEC Business Level 3. I recently had the opportunity to volunteer with the Credit Union. I plan to learn and grow professionally and pursue my passion for using my background and skills to make a difference. I am delighted to volunteer with the Credit Union and I think this is the place where I am going to apply for work in the future.